22 Unique Topic Ideas For Your Next Narrative Essay
A narrative essay is a story based on a personal experience. It is this exclusive happening that typically elevates you to a new level of spiritual awareness, providing you with an opportunity to understand yourself better. The story is told from your perspective, giving a thorough account of the events that took place. The beginning, the middle and the end, characters, climax and setting, all amalgamate to complete the story.
If you are finding it difficult to find a subject to write about, here are 22 unique topic ideas to assist you in making a decision.
- The circumstances that instigated the breakdown of a friendship.
- How a death in your family led you to appreciate life.
- The first person that you fell in love with.
- The motivating factor that led to your current career status.
- The moment you realised that you can’t please everyone.
- An experience that scared you.
- An act of intentional rebellion.
- An experience that altered the way you think about yourself.
- The last experience that made you laugh.
- An experience that taught you an important life lesson.
- A near death experience (illness, car accident, etc).
- The day you realised that your parents were not superman and superwoman.
- Important lessons learnt in your teenage years.
- Things that you are grateful for.
- Your most vivid childhood memory.
- Personal achievements that you are proud of.
- Events that have brought your family closer together.
- Moments from your past that you wish you could revisit.
- The role you play within your family.
- What your relationship is like with your parents.
- Do you feel that your racial identity has any bearing on your position in life?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
Remember that anyone can tell a story; but not everyone is able to captivate an audience. That is the difference between a good narrative essay, and a bad one.In order to engage your audience, you will need to take them on your journey by being as descriptive as possible.
Be as intense, and as vivid as you can, your aim is to make them feel the same emotions that you felt at that moment in time.
Depending on what you choose to write about, your narrative has the potential to make an impact on the lives of those who are reading it. Do not see it as just another essay, but as an opportunity to motivate, provoke and inspire.